Tuesday, April 21, 2009 – 8:30am to 11:30am
Nashville Hilton Downtown
Dr. John Stone, founding president of the Education Consumers Foundation, spoke on effective early childhood education at Prepared to Learn, an April 21, 2009 event hosted by the foundation in partnership with the Tennessee School Boards Association. Visitors can view his presentation through the clips below.
Note that this video is provided in MPEG-4 format, which is best viewed with Apple’s QuickTime media player. This application is free, and can be downloaded here.
Dr. Stone’s presentation has been provided in the following video segments:
- The Economic Challenge (3:15 minutes; 6.4 MB file)
- The Workforce Pipeline: High School to College (5:32 minutes; 11.0 MB file)
- The Workforce Pipeline: K-12 (6:43 minutes; 13.5 MB file)
- PreK and DI (4:40 minutes; 9.2 MB file)
- DI versus DAP: Evidence versus Theory (5:04 minutes; 10.5 MB file)
- Slow Progress (3:16 minutes; 6.4 MB file)
- Desired Outcomes: Educators versus the Public (2:08 minutes; 4.4 MB file)
- DAP and the Failure to Achieve Catch-Up Growth (4:15 minutes; 8.7 MB file)
If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to contact us through our contact page; a representative of the foundation will contact you shortly.