Second Place, East Division, Elementary Schools
Sandra Vicars-Williams, Principal
1914 Burem Rd.
Rogersville, TN 37857
Hawkins County Schools
Recipe For Success:
The staff of Keplar Elementary School strives to provide all students with a differentiated plan for learning. We participate in professional development opportunities connected to our school improvement plan. We work together to diagnose problems and find solutions.
- We put great emphasis on these areas:
- High expectations for student success
- Focused Curriculum based on Tennessee Standards
- Frequent monitoring of student performance
- Effective use of technology tools
- Time on Task
- Small, personalized learning environment
- Flexible scheduling of assistants and interventionists
- Respect, responsibility for everyone
- Collegiality and Professionalism
- A Safe and Orderly Climate
Through 21st Century Community Learning Center Grant funds, we provide before/after school tutoring and a summer enrichment program.
We offer various opportunities for our families to become more involved in volunteering and educational learning activities. We feel family engagement is imperative to the whole learning experience for children.